Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello, My name is

Friendly.

You guys are awesome, beyond awesome. Though I am outgoing and like to talk, I can't live up to you guys. You guys approach me in such a new way, offer to shake my hand and introduce yourself with such openess. Your sincere, caring, and apologize for things that aren't even your fault (and I thought I'm the one whose Canadian). I feel like I take my first impression and being friendly or not for granted, as if it was a choice to be nice or not. But, for you guys, friendly is the way to go, smiling is automatic, and giving a helping hand is a must in your world.

These past few days, I have been thinking a lot about how I thought prior to the arrival of this friendly group. I keep mentioning friendly because, friendly pretty much sums them up. They really go out of the way to help, and they help with a such a genuine attitude- no second thoughts, no doing-it-for-something-in-return mentality, just out of a pure and humble heart, real love. They enjoy talking to everyone, they don't judge, they are the definition of welcoming.

In contrast, I feel unwelcoming even though I am the one who is suppose to welcome them. A few weeks ago, I didn't even want these people here, I didn't want to get to know people I didn't know nor met before. I can't believe I didn't want this friendliness to stay in my house! To think that I didn't even want to share my bed despite not even being home (I was in San Fran), yet, now, I don't even have words to describe how pleasurable and happy it has been with all these friendly faces and have a smile to turn to every time I see these friends from Aruba. I'm going to miss these friendly faces.

They are definitely showing their love like Jesus. Being Christ-like really shines through, and it makes me wish I had chosen to go somewhere now.



Jesus rides the subway

No comments:

Post a Comment