Friday, July 22, 2011

Dushi Yiu

This past week has neither been fast or slow, its actually progressed timely and each day got better and better as we worked to improve on the flaws and mishaps of the day before. And now, we are done, MISSION POSSIBLE no?!

Last night I led devotion from 1 John 2: 15-17 and I focused on the following verse:

"The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever"

I encouraged everyone to continue on with their energy and strength despite today being the 'last day.' Though the acts and things of this world will fade, our work will be continued and we never know how we have impacted the kids at this kids camp. This week has been highly enjoyable and had a satisfying ring to it for the whole team.

Tonight we are going to fellowship with brothers and sisters from the Aruba alliance church and the remaining of us who didn't share at the prayer meeting earlier this week will be sharing our testimony. As I was writing it just now, I realized my life hasn't been all that difficult. Though I complain about challenges or things I rather not do, in shortly a month when I turn 2-0, I realize this almost two decades has been a steady life. When I look back on what I have accomplished in the years prior, everything seems to have fall in place, expecially my internship with Urban Promise. I feel God has been setting me up for this mission trip all along. I guess I did handle and entertain the kids pretty well having decided to come last minute and not knowing anything that was planned. Yes, plans were shuffled, roles were overlapped, but somehow God's plan has never changed. What my experience at UP was more than just a seven week baking teacher, it taught me how to work through my weaknesses and take up the role of leading.

And now its time to say goodbye. This goodbye is different from UP because even though its only been a week of camp, the kids will be kids and are attached to you and ask if your coming back next yr; they even ask us to bring the leaders from last year back to Aruba(they definitely don't forget you). But, its not a sad goodbye, I'm not sobbing like a baby and I'm not wishing I could stay longer. I know it was a spontaneous trip to start with, but it won't end that way for sure.

I look forward to how pieces of my life will fall together down the road. Life is a wild ride, and everywhere you go is an adventure.

Dushi Yiu means "Sweet One," we were souvenir shopping today and so many kids have shirts with this printed on it and it really made me want to get one, but I ended up with the iconic I <3 _____ tees I collect, in this case Aruba!


Lets' Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment